A Tribute to Leslie West
1. Blood of the Sun
2. Nantucket Sleighride
3. Theme for an Imaginary Western
4. For Yasgur's Farm
5. Why Dontcha
6. Sittin' On a Rainbow
7. Never in My Life
8. The Doctor
9. Silver Paper
10. Money (Whatcha Gonna Do)/By the River - medley
11. Long Red
12. Mississippi Queen
1. Blood of the Sun (feat. Zakk Wylde)
2. Nantucket Sleighride (To Owen Coffin) (feat. Joe Lynn Turner, Marty Friedman)
3. Theme for an Imaginary Western (feat. Dee Snider, Mike Portnoy)
4. For Yasgur's Farm (feat. Joe Lynn Turner, Martin Barre)
5. Why Dontcha (feat. Steve Morse, Ronnie Romero)
6. Sittin' On a Rainbow (feat. Elliot Easton, Ronnie Romero)
7. Never in My Life (feat. Dee Snider, George Lynch)
8. The Doctor (feat. Robby Krieger, Ronnie Romero)
9. Silver Paper (feat. Charlie Starr)
10. Money (Whatcha Gonna Do)/By the River - medley (feat. Randy Bachman & Tal Bachman)
11. Long Red (feat. Yngwie Malmsteen & Teddy Rondinelli)
12. Mississippi Queen (feat. Slash, Marc Labelle)
1-12. Rev Jones - Bass
1-12. Bobby Rondinelli – Drums
Record Label / Year of Release:
Provogue / Mascot Label Group 2022
Slash, Dee Snider, Zakk Wylde, Robby Krieger and Yngwie Malmsteen are among the big-name rock stars who have contributed to a new album celebrating late Mountain guitarist, co-singer and co-founder Leslie West.
Released on Friday 25th March 2022 via Provogue / Mascot Label Group, 'Legacy: A Tribute To Leslie West' features 12 songs recorded by Leslie West's friends and also artists who were directly influenced by him.
Leslie West died three days before Christmas on 22nd December 2020 from a cardiac arrest. He was 75 years old.
Other performers on 'Legacy: A Tribute To Leslie West' include Steve Morse, Mike Portnoy, Randy and Tal Bachman, Jethro Tull's Martin Barre, Joe Lynn Turner, Ronnie Romero, Blackberry Smoke's Charlie Starr, The Cars' Elliot Easton, George Lynch, Marty Friedman, Rudy Sarzo, Dirty Honey's Mark Labelle, Eddie Ojeda, and Leslie West's band members Bobby Rondinelli and Rev Jones.
The album was originally intended to be a retrospective celebration of West’s music on which the guitarist himself would perform some of his best-loved cuts with notable guests, along with a collection of new tracks. Sadly Leslie died two weeks before the recording sessions were due to commence.